- As the Group Chief Product Officer for Letshego Holdings, Chipiliro oversees solution development and customer experience/positioning to ensure that the business aligns to customer and the journeys of the financially underserved, as well as securing long-term business growth and developing Letshego’s long term income generating products. He also set up Letshego Group’s Marketing & Customer Experience Department.
- Previously, Chipiliro held several executive roles at Letshego, including Group Head of Marketing & Customer Experience, Chief Executive Officer for Banco Letshego and the Country Head of Retail and SME Banking Division in Mozambique (both positions in Mozambique). In these roles, Chipiliro secured the banking license and set the first Bank for Letshego Group where he took the business from USD37million to over USD100m in total revenues, from breakeven to over USD12m PBT within 5 years. He designed and implemented the “LetsGo Blue Box Agency Banking for Letshego, which won MasterCard Foundation’s USD1m grant as Africa’s Best financial inclusion innovation in 2017. He transformed Letshego Mozambique from a Microfinance bank into a Commercial Bank and improved it's standing from the 20th to the 4th most profitable bank in Mozambique within 5 years.
- He was responsible for the Retail & SME Divisions, project(s) management, Retail Sales management, Distribution management, Partnerships, Product development and management for Personal Banking and Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) sectors, Bank CRM. He also oversaw the implementation of Bank´s Cards and E-Channels (ATMs, POS, E-Wallet), where he built the right team to develop and BancABC’s Retail & SME Division to above USD100m balance sheet from scratch.
- Prior to this, Chipiliro worked as a General Manager for Lonrho- Swissta and as a Marketing Director for Unilever in Mozambique where he brought his proactive, energetic, enthusiastic approach to their strategic and operational imperatives. Chipiliro was the General Manager for Lonrho´s Swissta when the business made the first profit. Previously as a second in charge, Chipiliro was instrumental in assisting Unilever Mozambique unit to set up their U$D50m business.
- He has served as a member of several committees as Executive Director, Executive Committees (Exco) and Management Committees (MANCO).These include the Pricing and Marketing Committee, Retail and SME Credit committee (RETCCO), Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCO), Human Capital committee (HUMCO) as well as the Bank Operations Committee (OPCO).