- Gwen has over 20 years of experience in banking and financial services.
- Joined Letshego from the role of Group Chief Financial Officer at ABC Holdings Ltd (BancABC, part of Atlas Mara), where Gwen was responsible for the finance function in six operations in Southern and East African markets.
- Spent 12 years at ABC Holdings in roles including the Chief Financial Officer for Zimbabwe, incorporating retail and wholesale banking, asset management and micro-lending subsidiaries, as well as a role of Group Head of Finance Transformation.
- In her transformation role, Gwen led the implementation of a financial controls framework, standardisation of financial control systems and processes across the Group.
- Gwen spent several years in the Zimbabwe banking sector, including three years as Managing Director for a local merchant bank, where she was responsible for strategy implementation, customer acquisition and growth, as well as a stint in corporate advisory.
KEY FOCUS AREAS;
- Asset and Liability
- Management and Treasury
- Financial Reporting
- Investor Relations
- Finance Operations