Friday, July 10, 2020
ICT NETWORK & SYSTEM ENGINEER
Date of issue: 26 June 2020
Start date of position: 01 September 2020
Position is tenable at: Letshego Bank Namibia
“the functions and responsibilities listed in the job description are not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, depending upon the operational requirements of the employer, and within the parameters of the post held by the employee”
POSITION: NETWORK & SYSTEM ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: IT MANAGER
Purpose of the Job:
The ICT Systems & Network Engineer is a technical specialist aiding in the design and formulation of procedures and standards on all aspects of ICT infrastructure & network. The responsibility spans to include supporting and coordinating service delivery, and providing inputs to projects for defining, planning and executing identified deliverables. The incumbent is also responsible to the provision of periodic reports to management in regard to the status, potential risks, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of the Letshego Bank Namibia systems infrastructure.
1. Systems and Network
1) Maintain architectural documentation (Letshego Namibia Network Infrastructure; diagrams covering all the connectivity/links physical equipment and layout, IP addresses, business applications, software, security controls throughout the subsidiary)
2) Identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources, Wireless Links, Internet Links, Network routers and switches – monitoring using appropriate tools
3) Expected to be on-call (rotational) when planned
4) Scheduled afterhours and weekend work expected
5) Routine maintenance visits to branches as expected and/or training interventions locally and internationally
6) Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems
7) Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade network systems
8) Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration
9) Continuously monitor connectivity, network, and application performance to ensure proactive problem resolution and general stability
10) Responsible for the, switches, Router, Wireless links, Firewall ASA, Internet links, Namibia Telkom Frame relay links, PABX, country-telecom contacts, telephone lines and ASDL
11) Managing and Monitoring of LBN Data Centre
12) Managing and monitoring Virtual Environment
13) Managing and Monitoring Backup and Replication Environment
14) Routine maintenance on Data Centre Environments.
15) Collect information to analyses and evaluate existing or proposed systems
16) Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade Data Centre Infrastructure components.
17) Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
18) Conduct technical research on system/infrastructure upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system/infrastructure.
19) Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure incidents.
20) Continuously monitor health status and performance of the Data Centre components to ensure proactive problem resolution and general stability.
21) Ensure that replication of the DR Recovery Centre is occurring at all times and that the backup plans are in place and adhered to.
22) Responsible for the Disaster Recovery drills bi-annual and flex clone running and documentation of the outcome and resolution of exceptions
23) Provide full support over the Active directory, Exchange servers, VM Ware, Veeam, servers, storage devices, and monitoring tools
2. Support and Analysis
1) Select among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated challenges arise
2) Document network challenges and resolutions for future reference
3) Presenting proposals to management and users;
4) Help with Staff training and support and the creation of training and development plans and the monitoring of performance and achievement of plans
5) Monitoring network availability and performance of the group through relevant and available network monitoring software
6) Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
3. Management Activities
1) Planning and coordination of DR drills and testing
2) Ensure accurate and timeously delivered requests
3) Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as development
4) Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
5) Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
6) Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement network systems;
7) Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met;
8) Drawing up a testing schedule for the complete network system;
9) Overseeing the implementation of a new network link
10) Keeping abreast of technical as well as industry sector developments
11) Monitoring of service level agreements with relevant service providers, monitoring and scrutinizing connectivity statistics and other managed services and making recommendations as needed
12) Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
13) Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
14) Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems;
15) Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;
16) Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met;
17) Drawing up a testing schedule for the complete system;
18) Overseeing the implementation of a new system, system upgrades, deployment of hardware, etc.;
19) Planning and working flexibly to a deadline;
20) Keeping abreast of technical as well as industry sector developments.
21) Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that all replication to the backup servers is happening.
22) Maintenance of AD.
23) Maintain Group Policies GPOs and indemnity forms
24) Liaison with external vendors and service providers on ICT Infrastructure equipment, resources, services etc.
1. Ability to teach and train on matters relating to network use and software skills
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management
3. Independent problem-solving, self-direction
4. Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
5. Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
1) Grade 12 certificate, 25 points
2) 3+ years continuous relevant experience in System/Network Administration
3) A degree or Diploma in computer science or a related field
4) Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts.
5) Works under general direction from senior management.
6) CCNA, CCNP
7) Juniper, Fortigate
8) Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environments.
9) Works under general direction from senior management.
10) Experience with MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, VMWare, Veeam
Closing date for applications: 10 July 2020
Apply to (email address): firstname.lastname@example.org
Dimensions as at date
1) Subordinate business Locations: Windhoek
2) Number of Reports:
Signed and Agreed
Job holder……………………………. Date……………………………………
Line Manager………………………… Date……………………………………