Group Chief Risk Officer
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics and Physics), Kenyatta University; CCRO Certification, Standard Chartered Bank, Thailand; Numerous specialised executive Credit Risk Management courses, Standard Chartered Bank, Mumbai, Kenya, London, Singapore.
- Richard is a well-rounded and experienced banker with over 17 years in the regional financial services sector.
- He joined Letshego Group from his role at Standard Chartered Bank as Country Chief Risk Officer Botswana and Cluster Credit Head Southern Africa – Retail Banking, where he was responsible for Risk Appetite, Risk Strategy, Risk Control Ownership, Risk Governance, Processes Talent and People Management.
- He is credited for rolling out and fully embedding the Bank’s risk management and operational risk management frameworks, as well as managing crisis portfolios across the Southern Africa cluster countries of Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Prior to this role, he worked as Cluster Credit Head, Southern Africa and CCH Botswana for Standard Chartered Bank with credit risk approval authority in the Retail and SME segments and with accountability for delivering the Operational Risk Framework for Retail Clients Credit functions in the 4 cluster countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa.
- Richard’s previous roles were also at Standard Chartered Bank where he worked as Africa Credit Initiation Head and Head of Retail Credit East Africa and Cluster Head of Credit, Retail Segments for East Africa.