Andrew Fening Okai
ANDREW FENING OKAI
- Andrew has more than 20 years of international banking experience
- He founded Precept Human Capital, a consulting firm dedicated to assessing, profiling, training, coaching and equipping Africa’s next generation of private and public sector leaders with international trends in leadership and expertise.
- Prior to Precept, Andrew enjoyed a dynamic and successful career in Standard Chartered Bank, where his latest role as Group Chief Operating Officer (Group COO) based him in Singapore, with responsibilities spanning the international bank’s footprint across 30 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the America’s.
- As Group COO, Andrew’s executive responsibilities included: strategic transformation across processes and platforms; client experience; business/cost efficiencies and risk and compliance. Andrew also played a leading role in managing Standard Chartered’s digital retail investment strategy, along with the framework, policies, procedures and systems required to deliver an enhanced client experience as well as achieve alignment with local regulatory requirements and mitigation of operational risk.
- Prior to his Group COO role, Andrew held a number of other senior roles in Standard Chartered, working from Ghana, Hong Kong, South Africa and Zambia.
- Previous roles included: Head of Operational Excellence, Hong Kong; Regional Head Transaction Banking for Banks, Africa; Executive Director Consumer Banking, Ghana and CEO, Zambia.
- Before joining Standard Chartered, Andrew started his career as a Management Trainee with Unilever Ghana.