Bachelor of Accountancy (University of Botswana); Numerous Specialised Executive Development Programmes, including courses from Duke University in the (UK).
- Aupa is a well-rounded and experienced banker with over 18 years in the regional financial services sector.
- Joined Letshego from his role at Absa Barclays Group, where he was responsible for leading the team that spearheads and develops the regional bank’s digital innovation and virtual channels.
- Spent two years traveling between Ghana, Senegal and Nigeria incubating select fintech’s to drive financial inclusion through mobile money, using block chain and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- In line with his passion and expertise in fintech development, Aupa spent time in Silicon Valley (USA) and Spain to benchmark global trends in innovation.
- Prior to his Absa Group role, Aupa held leadership positions in Barclays Botswana, including Chief Operating Officer and Head of Distribution Channels, with his last role being Acting Managing Director Botswana before transferring to his group responsibilities at Absa’s regional head office in South Africa.
- Commenced career in auditing with PWC Botswana.